WIIL Rock Cabin Fever Getaway to Riviera Maya, Mexico
Sold out! Please call for rates and availability. 1-866-463-6946
THE Royal Playa del Carmen
Escape the icy grasp of winter and join 95 WIIL Rock at THE Royal in Playa Del Carmen on Cabin Fever Getaway 2013! Discover luxury around every corner, all in a perfect beachfront location, mere steps from Playa del Carmen’s famed Fifth Avenue. Discover hip night spots, trendy cafes, colorful shops and local color while experiencing THE Royal’s flawless hospitality. This resort is simply amazing. Prepare to soak up some rays and party with friends WIIL Rock style with Tom and Emily on CFG!
Choose from two convenient departures, either January 12-19 or 13-20, 2013. Escape the winter chill with Fox World Travel, 95.1 WIIL ROCK and Funjet Vacations!
Tom and Emily in the Morning Broadcasting Live from THE Royal Playa del Carmen
Join Tom and Emily for LIVE 95 WIIL Rock broadcasts at the resort and of course take part in the special planned events and surprises with your hosts, Tom and Emily!
Jim and Justin from Modern Day Romeos
For even more entertainment, Jim & Justin from the hugely popular party band Modern Day Romeos will be joining us again this year!
|Plan on heading to Riviera Maya, Mexico this January with WIIL, Fox World Travel and Funjet Vacations... and get ready to ROCK! Space is limited and will sell out quickly.
THE Royal Playa Carmen
Adults Only, All-Suite, All-Inclusive resort, is one of the most successful resorts on the Riviera Maya
PLUS: EXCHANGE PRIVILEGES AT THE GRAN PORTO REAL Resort next door!Features Include:
See resort tab above for details. View resort photos on Facebook.
WIIL Cabin Fever Getaway Inclusions and Highlights
All this for one great price you won’t believe!
- Vacation Hosts: Tom and Emily of the 95 WIIL Rock Morning Show
- Round-trip direct charter flight from Chicago O’Hare or Milwaukee to Cancun, MX
- Seven (7) nights Jr. Suite accommodations at the all-suite All-Inclusive THE Royal, Playa del Carmen. All rooms have in-suite double Jacuzzi, mini bar and stocked liquor cabinet, terrace or balcony, 32” satellite TV, laptop size safety deposit box and wireless internet access
- Adults only (minimum age 16), unlimited domestic and international liquor, seven gourmet restaurants and five bars including a cigar, tequila, wine, martini bar and swim up bar
- Eight additional restaurants and seven additional bar choices available and included at Gran Porto Real Resort located adjacent to THE Royal
- Trade nights between THE ROYAL in Playa and THE ROYAL Cancun, subject to availability
- 24 HR. PROMPT “ROYAL ROOM SERVICE”: discreetly delivered to suite’s "magic box" announced by signal light
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers in Mexico
- WIIL "Tom and Emily Morning Show" live broadcasts
- WIIL Private Welcome Reception with drinks and hors d oeuvres
- Special performance by Jim & Justin of the Modern Day Romeos!
- WIIL Private Farewell Dinner Event
- Five pools including a hot tub and swim up bar
- Daily resort activities and nightly entertainment
- Non-motorized water sports, fitness center and rooftop tennis court
- Eco-holistic Spa (fee) with Hydrotherapy zone
- Travel insurance with Travel Guard is included in the cost of your vacation. For a nominal cost, you can upgrade the insurance to include trip cancellation/interruption coverage to protect you from penalties if you need to cancel prior to your departure for a covered reason. Ask your Fox World Travel vacation specialist for details
- Professional Vacation Managers from Fox World Travel will travel with the group to manage all of the details
- Souvenir Cabin Fever Getaway 2013 t-shirt
See various room type options for details and upgrade opportunities.
Gratuities for airport porters or transfer drivers in Mexico, motorized water sports, items not part of the all-inclusive program, optional excursions, upgrades on the insurance to include trip cancellation/interruption, or any items of a personal nature.
$350.00 per person plus cost of insurance upgrade if chosen
*Flight schedules are subject to change. FWT has no control over flight changes, delays or cancellations.
Initial deposit is non-refundable
90 to 61 days prior to travel……….. 50% of total trip cost
60 to 31 days prior to travel……….. 80% of total trip cost
30 to 0 days prior to travel…….…... No refund
For any changes or revisions, the following fees apply:
Time of deposit to 90 days prior to departure............ $50.00* per person
89 to 0 days prior to departure................................... $100.00* per person
*These fees are in addition to any vendor fees that may apply.
No later than November 1, 2012.
THE Royal Playa del Carmen
THE Royal Playa del Carmen resort is one of Playa del Carmen's most recognized All-Inclusive properties. Combining luxurious accommodations with warm, personalized service and a great location right in the heart of Playa del Carmen, near Fifth Avenue, this upscale, adults-only resort is an ideal choice for your next luxurious getaway.
7 Nights All-Inclusive
Options from Milwaukee or Chicago starting at only $1,769.99!
Royal Junior Suite
Above prices are per person double occupancy in standard Jr. Suite category and economy class flights and include current taxes and fees of $263.00, subject to change. Children under 16 not allowed. Maximum four people per room depending on room type. See website for pricing for single, triple and quad occupancy and options for upgraded flights and room categories. First class flights available for an additional $150.00 per person roundtrip.
Park and Fly Rates
Special Fox World Travel negotiated park and fly rates in both Milwaukee and Chicago hotels. Easy option to reserve a room at the same time when booking your Cabin Fever Getaway! Stay the night before, park securely and take the free hotel shuttle to the airport.
Room Category Descriptions
THE Royal Playa del Carmen
New redesigned and redefined THE Royal Playa del Carmen has risen on the foundation of The Royal Porto Real, one of the most successful resorts on the Riviera Maya. Guests will discover luxury around every corner, an atmosphere of casual elegance, a perfect beachfront location, mere steps from Playa del Carmen's famed Fifth Avenue. Discover hip night spots, trendy cafes, colorful shops and local culture while experiencing THE Royal's flawless hospitality. The resort's interior is as impressive as its splendid exterior, where the use of textures, fabrics and natural materials reflects sophisticated seaside grace. All suite categories designated "Royal" boast the new enhanced Royal Service® treatment.
The exceptional Royal Service® and Royal Housekeeping® definitely raise the bar on personal service complemented with warm Mexican hospitality, and the top suite categories offer a number of exciting extras plus unlimited complimentary domestic and international phone calls.
In this joyful, adults only atmosphere, guests will be treated to a Royal vacation experience guaranteed to Exceed Your Expectations!
THE Royal Playa del Carmen Luxurious All-Inclusive Plan Includes:
THE Royal Playa del Carmen All-Inclusive guests enjoy three full meals a day plus snacks any time at the beach bars, lounges and the air-conditioned 24 Hr. VIP Lounge, plus festive theme nights and unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, offering the very best all-inclusive value.
- Garden, ocean view and oceanfront suite accommodations of your choice include the following features:
- Royal Service® and Royal Housekeeping Service® in all suite categories
- Bose stereo (in upper categories) with DVD/CD/Radio or DVD/CD player and iHome plus loaded iPod with music for all tastes & complimentary DVD library
- Rotating 32" LCD satellite TV for multiple-position viewing from bed, Jacuzzi or terrace
- Upgraded mini-bar, liquor cabinet system and snack selection
- Decide your own time for daily suite make-up and special, comprehensive evening Royal turndown service including choice of 3 aromatherapy and bath scents (romantic, relaxing or invigorating)
- Pillow Menu: Extra Soft "Plus" Hypo-allergenic; Orthopedic; Memory; Aromatic; and "Sweet Dreams"
- His & Hers plush bathrobes and slippers
- Special welcome amenity
- Royal Concierge & Romance Concierge ready to anticipate, assist, advise and take care of your every need
- Royal Butler service with luggage unpacking, shoe shine service, 2 clothing pieces ironing, spa and dining arrangements, suite aromatherapy menu request, turndown service, Cancun & Riviera Maya information: what to do, where to go, tips, weather forecast and more.
- In-suite double Jacuzzi
- Spacious, modern bathroom with luxurious bath amenities
- Coffeemaker and in-suite mini-bar, stocked daily with water, beer, soft drinks and snacks and a convenient liquor cabinet system with a selection of international liquors
- Unique "Magic Box" for discreet suite service delivery
- Terrace or balcony with furniture and hammock
- In-suite electronic laptop-size safety deposit box
- Hair straightener in all suites categories
- ork desk with desktop lamp, Internet and 110v electric power in all suite categories
- Comfortable reading arm chair in all suite categories
- Reading lamps on headboard in all suite categories
- Royal Bed® with pillow-top mattress, fine high thread count linens, plush duvet cover and multiple pillows
- Modern, state-of-the-art, fully equipped Life Fitness® Center & Stott Pilates®, spinning, aerobics and yoga sessions
- Gourmet Luxury All Inclusive restaurants with a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner; “show cooking stations” for custom food preparation and an international buffet, including natural, low calorie, vegetarian, delicatessen-style and gluten free menu choices
- Unlimited domestic and international premium brand liquors, a variety of beers, wine and sparkling wine by the glass, plus an extensive selection of fine wines included. Exceptional vintage wines, cognacs and tequilas available at surcharge
- Complimentary wireless Internet access in suites and public areas
- Exclusive exchange privileges at all Real Resorts
- 24 Hr. prompt suite service
- 24 Hr. VIP Lounge serving hors d’oeuvres, premium snacks, domestic and international premium brand beverages with board games and large LCD screens
- Olympic-size fresh water pool with 50-meter lap lane & starter block (quiet pool) plus an oceanfront active pool
- NEW! Tranquil pool for relaxation with 25-meter lap lane
- SCUBA introductory lesson, snorkeling equipment and boogie boards
- Lighted rooftop tennis court with complimentary equipment. Onsite tennis pro available
- Volleyball, billiard, ping-pong, board games and library
- Daily social entertainment, non-intrusive games, unique activities
- Nightly entertainment including live music and fabulous professional
- Educational wine, tequila & beer tasting hosted by hotel sommelier
- Canopied shade beds & lounge chairs on the beach & at the pool, in-pool sun chaises and plush beach towels
- Exclusive Royal Beach Cabanas® upon availability
- Complimentary access to Hydrotherapy zone
- Convenient flag system for guests to request waiter service on the beach
- Nightly Royal turndown service
- Beach Butlers provide cold towel service, ice water, suntan lotion, newspapers, magazines and much more
- NEW! ROYAL COFFEE HOUSE: a gourmet European-style café serving premium espresso and cappuccino drinks with a wide variety of scrumptious pastries, desserts and ice cream. Enjoy a casual, light breakfast or mid-morning coffee pick-me-up. High Tea offered daily on the café’s sunset terrace, or indulge your after-dinner craving for a delectable sweet. For those with special dietary needs, sugar-free choices are available. Open from early morning until late night
- 24 HR. ALL INCLUSIVE VIP LOUNGE: ideal place to relax, enjoy hors d’oeuvres, premium snacks & international brand drinks; enjoy a friendly tablegame or watch your favorite sporting events on large plasma screen TVs
- NEW! EL MEDITERRANEO: Nouvelle Mediterranean Specialties restaurant, buffet, a la carte & “show cooking”. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- NEW! TAPAS & PINTXOS: ocean view Spanish Tapas restaurant, offering a trendy and relaxing gourmet tasting experience from Northern Spain and the Basque region. Lunch and Dinner
- SPICE: all day gourmet ocean view fine dining with sumptuous buffets, show cooking stations and a la carte menu, casual atmosphere. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- ASIANA: contemporary gourmet Asian fusion cuisine; stylish, romantic setting with cozy seating ensuring an intimate dining experience. Lunch and Dinner
- PELICANOS: delicious a la carte Caribbean fusion seafood in an oceanfront setting, overlooking white powdery beach and turquoise Caribbean. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- MARIA MARIE: specializing in upscale gourmet Mexican-French fusion cuisine, providing a truly Mexican hacienda-like dining experience complete with colorful murals painted by Mexican artists, evoking memories of Mexico’s rich heritage. Dinner
- NEW! CHEF'S PLATE: gourmet international haute cuisine where a new and different dinner menu is carefully selected each day and artfully prepared at the discretion of our Executive Chef. Every meal is a unique and memorable gourmet dining event. Open for dinner. Available from Royal Junior Suite Oceanfront category (reservation required)
- SPICE: all day nouvelle ocean view fine dining with sumptuous buffets, “show cooking” stations and a la carte menu, casual atmosphere. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- PELICANOS: delicious a la carte gourmet Caribbean fusion seafood in an oceanfront setting, overlooking white powdery beach and turquoise Caribbean. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- TRADE WINDS POOL & BEACH SNACK BAR: Snacks & light fare while sunbathing. Breakfast & lunch
- 24 HR. PROMPT "ROYAL ROOM SERVICE": discreetly delivered to suite’s "magic box" announced by signal light
- Eight additional restaurant choices included at Gran Porto Real Resort located adjacent to THE Royal: Maria´s; Il Pescatore; Albatros; Gaviotas; Health & Sushi Bar; Parrillada Grill; Trade Winds beach and snack bar; 24 Hr. All-Inclusive Club (Surcharges will apply on certain menu items)
For your convenience, reservations are not required at THE Royal restaurants (except for the Chef’s Plate restaurant)
Dress Code: Long pants required at dinner service. Sandals and T-shirts not allowed.
Past Trip Photos
2012 - Cancun, Mexico
2011 - Costa Rica
2010 - Huatulco, Mexico
Optional Group Excursions
$97 per person
Tuesday, January 15
INDIANA JOE'S in Aktun-chen
Approximately 9:00am to 5:30pm
Can you imagine exploring a cave of over 5 million years old and snorkeling in a cenote inside of it, surrounded by ancient stalactites and stalagmites? Feel the excitement flying through the treetops about 1 km on thrilling zip lines.
Aktun-chen, a Mayan word that means "natural well inside a cave", is located 25 minutes from Playa del Carmen, in the heart of the Riviera Maya, Enjoy the natural adventure of the Aktun-chen Natural Park. This tour begins with a walk through a spectacular cave of over 5 million years old, that features a great variety of stalactites, stalagmites and columns. The length of the cave is over 600 meters (0.37 mile), and is composed of magnificent vaults. You will also enjoy a beautiful cenote of crystal-clear water of 12 meters (39 feet) depth. Betsy Stark, Fox World Travel tour manager will be going along with the group on this excursion.
The park features a wildlife zoo in an area of 3 hectares (7.4 acres)
Gratuities, Snorkel equipment deposit: $20 USD (per equipment)
Comfortable clothes (long pants, shorts, extra t-shirt) and shoes, towel, extra money: for tips, souvenirs and photos, insect repellent and sunscreen (biodegradable only)
$119 per person
Thursday, January 17th
CHICHEN-ITZA PREMIER TOUR
Full day tour
This world famous archeological site, was founded in 525 AD and had been recently recognized as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
The site includes multiple buildings, but the most famous and powerful is known as “El Castillo” (the castle) or Pyramid of Kukulcan. Every year in March and September, with the equinox, a light-and-shadow effect appears at sunset on the temple. It is produced by the successive projection of shadows cast by the building’s platforms, that create seven triangles of sunlight, that together resemble the undulating body of a serpent descending the pyramid, as the seventh triangle coincides with the reptile’s head that is near the bottom of the stairs. Every year Chichen Itza attracts many visitors eager to witness this spectacle, but throughout the year many more buildings can be explored and appreciated. They preserve in its history, the architecture and its essence, the very important and famous vestige of the Mayan civilization.
This is a full day tour not to be missed to a World Heritage Site and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World! Vicky Mischler, Fox World Travel tour manager will be going along with the group on this excursion.