SOLD OUT! Great Escape 2013 with FM106.1
We're sorry but this trip is currently sold out. Please sign-up for our preboarding pass emails here, to be among the first to know about next year's trip details!
THE Royal Playa del Carmen
Vacation with Country Music Stars:
Escape the icy grasp of winter and join FM106.1's Karen, Scott and Radar on the 2013 Great Escape at THE Royal in Playa Del Carmen! Discover luxury around every corner at this adults-only (16+) resort, all in perfect beachfront location, just a few steps from Playa del Carmen’s famed Fifth Avenue. Discover lively night spots, trendy cafes, a variety of local and international shops while experiencing THE Royal’s flawless hospitality. This resort is simply amazing! Prepare to soak up some rays and party with new and old friends, FM106.1 style!
Join Karen, Scott and Radar for LIVE FM106.1 morning broadcasts at the resort and of course take part in the special planned events and surprises with your hosts Karen, Scott and Radar!
As if the resort itself wasn't amazing enough, we're also bringing along the most entertainment yet! We'll be joined by country music recording artists Thompson Square, Jerrod Niemann, Edens Edge, and Jana Kramer, for three amazing private concerts!
Choose from convenient departures, either February 2-9 or 3-10, 2013 from Milwaukee or Chicago O'Hare. Escape the winter chill with Fox World Travel, FM106.1 and Funjet Vacations!
Whether you're a Great Escape veteran or you are just looking for a brand new vacation experience, there is always excitement and new adventures full of friends, fun, music, and sun with the Great Escape gang. With plenty of memorable stories to be told, you’ll be back year after year too! Trust us, you won't be disappointed this year!
Great Escape Highlights:
THE Royal Playa Carmen
Adults Only, All-Suite, All-Inclusive resort, is one of the most successful resorts on the Riviera Maya.
PLUS: EXCHANGE PRIVILEGES AT THE GRAN PORTO REAL Resort next door!
Read more about this resort on our resort tab above!
Prime Location in Playa del Carmen - Just Steps from Fifth Avenue!
Nearby: Shopping, Dining, Ferry to Cozumel, Golfing, Night Clubs and more!
Great Escape Inclusions and Highlights
- Three total Concerts! Featuring Thompson Square, Jerrod Niemann, Edens Edge and Jana Kramer
- Live radio show broadcasts daily with Karen, Scott and Radar
- Round-trip direct charter flight from Chicago O’Hare or Milwaukee to Cancun, Mexico
- Seven (7) nights Jr. Suite accommodations at the all-suite All-Inclusive THE Royal, Playa del Carmen. All rooms have in-suite double Jacuzzi, mini bar and stocked liquor cabinet, terrace or balcony, 32” satellite TV, laptop size safety deposit box and wireless internet access
- Adults only (minimum age 16)
- Unlimited domestic and international liquor, seven gourmet restaurants and five bars including a cigar, tequila, wine, martini bar and swim up bar
- Eight additional restaurants and seven additional bar choices available and included at Gran Porto Real Resort located adjacent to THE Royal
- 24 HR. PROMPT “ROYAL ROOM SERVICE”: discreetly delivered to suite’s “magic box” announced by signal light
- Royal Butler service with luggage unpacking, shoe shine service, 2 clothing pieces ironing, spa and dining arrangements, suite aromatherapy menu request, turndown service
- Complimentary wireless Internet access in suites and public areas
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers in Mexico
- Private Welcome Reception with drinks and hors d oeuvres
- Private group autograph sessions with a souvenir photo
- Private Farewell Group Event with drinks and hors d oeuvres
- Five pools including a hot tub and swim up bar
- Daily resort activities, special group activities including the popular Zumba classes with Teri and nightly entertainment
- Non-motorized water sports, fitness center and rooftop tennis court
- Eco-holistic Spa (fee) with Hydrotherapy zone
- Travel insurance with Travel Guard is included in the cost of your vacation. For a nominal cost, you can upgrade the insurance to include trip cancellation/interruption coverage to protect you from penalties if you need to cancel prior to your departure for a covered reason. Ask your Fox World Travel vacation specialist for details.
- Professional Vacation Managers from Fox World Travel
- Souvenir Great Escape 2013 t-shirt and mug
See various room type options on our online reservations page for details and upgrade opportunities.
Gratuities for airport porters or transfer drivers in Mexico, motorized water sports, items not part of the all-inclusive program, optional excursions, upgrades on the insurance to include trip cancellation/interruption, or any items of a personal nature.
$350.00 per person plus cost of insurance upgrade if chosen
Due no later than November 6, 2012
Various flight options are available from Chicago O’hare on both February 2-9 and 3-10, along with other room categories with added amenities. All flight and room details are available in our online reservations system here. Milwaukee flights are SOLD OUT.
*Flight schedules are subject to change. FWT has no control over flight changes, delays or cancellations.
Optional Park and Fly Rates in Milwaukee and Chicago:
Special Fox World Travel negotiated park and fly rates!
- Milwaukee -Clarion $110.95
- Chicago - Holiday Inn - $111.87
Easy option to reserve a room at the same time when booking your Great Escape! Stay the night before, park securely and take the free hotel shuttle to the airport.
Initial deposit is non-refundable
90 to 61 days prior to travel……….. 50% of total trip cost
60 to 31 days prior to travel……….. 80% of total trip cost
30 to 0 days prior to travel…….…... No refund
For any changes or revisions, the following fees apply:
Time of deposit to 90 days prior to departure............ $50.00* per person
89 to 0 days prior to departure................................... $100.00* per person
*Applicable even when insurance has been purchased. In the event of cancellation, these fees are included in the above cancel penalty amounts.
7 Nights All-Inclusive Starting at only $1,899.99 per person from Chicago O'Hare
Above price is per person double occupancy in standard Jr. Suite category and economy class flights from Chicago and include current taxes and fees of $263.00, subject to change. Children under 16 not allowed.
NOTE: Flights from Milwaukee Sold Out.
See online reservations page for flight options, pricing for single, triple and quad occupancy and options for upgraded flights and room categories. First class flights available for an additional $150.00 per person roundtrip and Funjet to the Front available from Chicago for only $69.00 additional roundtrip.
Royal Junior Suites (RJS)
Royal Junior Suites Ocean View (RJO)
Royal Junior Suites
Royal Junior Suites Swim-Up
THE Royal Playa del Carmen
Newly redesigned and redefined, THE Royal Playa del Carmen has risen on the foundation of The Royal Porto Real, one of the most incredible resorts on the Riviera Maya. Guests will discover luxury around every corner, an atmosphere of casual elegance, a perfect beachfront location, a mere steps from Playa del Carmen's famed Fifth Avenue. Shop day or night knowing you’ll return to THE Royal's flawless hospitality. The resort's interior is as impressive as its splendid exterior, where the use of textures, fabrics and natural materials reflects sophisticated seaside grace. All suite categories designated "Royal" boast the new enhanced Royal Service® treatment.
The exceptional Royal Service® and Royal Housekeeping® definitely raise the bar on personal service complemented with warm Mexican hospitality, and the top suite categories offer a number of exciting extras plus unlimited complimentary domestic and international phone calls.
In this joyful, adults only atmosphere, guests will be treated to a Royal vacation experience guaranteed to Exceed Your Expectations!
THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen Luxurious All Inclusive Plan Includes:
THE Royal Playa del Carmen All-Inclusive guests enjoy three full meals a day plus snacks any time at the beach bars, lounges and the air-conditioned 24 Hr. VIP Lounge, plus festive theme nights and unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, offering the very best all-inclusive value.
- Garden, ocean view and oceanfront suite accommodations of your choice include the following features:
- Royal Service® and Royal Housekeeping Service® in all suite categories
- Bose stereo (in upper categories) with DVD/CD/Radio or DVD/CD player and iHome plus loaded iPod with music for all tastes & complimentary DVD library
- Rotating 32" LCD satellite TV for multiple-position viewing from bed, Jacuzzi or terrace
- Upgraded mini-bar, liquor cabinet system and snack selection
- Decide your own time for daily suite make-up and special, comprehensive evening Royal turndown service including choice of 3 aromatherapy and bath scents (romantic, relaxing or invigorating)
- Pillow Menu: Extra Soft "Plus" Hypo-allergenic; Orthopedic; Memory; Aromatic; and "Sweet Dreams"
- His & Hers plush bathrobes and slippers
- Special welcome amenity
- Royal Concierge & Romance Concierge ready to anticipate, assist, advise and take care of your every need
- Royal Butler service with luggage unpacking, shoe shine service, 2 clothing pieces ironing, spa and dining arrangements, suite aromatherapy menu request, turndown service, Cancun & Riviera Maya information: what to do, where to go, tips, weather forecast and more.
- In-suite double Jacuzzi
- Spacious, modern bathroom with luxurious bath amenities
- Coffeemaker and in-suite mini-bar, stocked daily with water, beer, soft drinks and snacks and a convenient liquor cabinet system with a selection of international liquors
- Unique "Magic Box" for discreet suite service delivery
- Terrace or balcony with furniture and hammock
- In-suite electronic laptop-size safety deposit box
- Hair straightener in all suites categories
- Work desk with desktop lamp, Internet and 110v electric power in all suite categories
- Comfortable reading arm chair in all suite categories
- Reading lamps on headboard in all suite categories
- Royal Bed® with pillow-top mattress, fine high thread count linens, plush duvet cover and multiple pillows
- Modern, state-of-the-art, fully equipped Life Fitness® Center & Stott Pilates®, spinning, aerobics and yoga sessions
- Gourmet Luxury All Inclusive restaurants with a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner; “show cooking stations” for custom food preparation and an international buffet, including natural, low calorie, vegetarian, delicatessen-style and gluten free menu choices
- Unlimited domestic and international premium brand liquors, a variety of beers, wine and sparkling wine by the glass, plus an extensive selection of fine wines included. Exceptional vintage wines, cognacs and tequilas available at surcharge
- Complimentary wireless Internet access in suites and public areas
- Exclusive exchange privileges at all Real Resorts
- 24 Hr. prompt suite service
- 24 Hr. VIP Lounge serving hors d’oeuvres, premium snacks, domestic and international premium brand beverages with board games and large LCD screens
- Olympic-size fresh water pool with 50-meter lap lane & starter block (quiet pool) plus an oceanfront active pool
- NEW! Tranquil pool for relaxation with 25-meter lap lane
- SCUBA introductory lesson, snorkeling equipment and boogie boards
- Lighted rooftop tennis court with complimentary equipment. Onsite tennis pro available
- Volleyball, billiard, ping-pong, board games and library
- Daily social entertainment, non-intrusive games, unique activities
- Nightly entertainment including live music and fabulous professional
- Educational wine, tequila & beer tasting hosted by hotel sommelier
- Canopied shade beds & lounge chairs on the beach & at the pool, in-pool sun chaises and plush beach towels
- Exclusive Royal Beach Cabanas® upon availability
- Complimentary access to Hydrotherapy zone
- Convenient flag system for guests to request waiter service on the beach
- Nightly Royal turndown service
- Beach Butlers provide cold towel service, ice water, suntan lotion, newspapers, magazines and much more
- NEW! ROYAL COFFEE HOUSE: a gourmet European-style café serving premium espresso and cappuccino drinks with a wide variety of scrumptious pastries, desserts and ice cream. Enjoy a casual, light breakfast or mid-morning coffee pick-me-up. High Tea offered daily on the café’s sunset terrace, or indulge your after-dinner craving for a delectable sweet. For those with special dietary needs, sugar-free choices are available. Open from early morning until late night
- 24 HR. ALL INCLUSIVE VIP LOUNGE: ideal place to relax, enjoy hors d’oeuvres, premium snacks & international brand drinks; enjoy a friendly tablegame or watch your favorite sporting events on large plasma screen TVs
- NEW! EL MEDITERRANEO: Nouvelle Mediterranean Specialties restaurant, buffet, a la carte & “show cooking”. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- NEW! TAPAS & PINTXOS: ocean view Spanish Tapas restaurant, offering a trendy and relaxing gourmet tasting experience from Northern Spain and the Basque region. Lunch and Dinner
- SPICE: all day gourmet ocean view fine dining with sumptuous buffets, show cooking stations and a la carte menu, casual atmosphere. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- ASIANA: contemporary gourmet Asian fusion cuisine; stylish, romantic setting with cozy seating ensuring an intimate dining experience. Lunch and Dinner
- PELICANOS: delicious a la carte Caribbean fusion seafood in an oceanfront setting, overlooking white powdery beach and turquoise Caribbean. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- MARIA MARIE: specializing in upscale gourmet Mexican-French fusion cuisine, providing a truly Mexican hacienda-like dining experience complete with colorful murals painted by Mexican artists, evoking memories of Mexico’s rich heritage. Dinner
- NEW! CHEF'S PLATE: gourmet international haute cuisine where a new and different dinner menu is carefully selected each day and artfully prepared at the discretion of our Executive Chef. Every meal is a unique and memorable gourmet dining event. Open for dinner. Available from Royal Junior Suite Oceanfront category (reservation required)
- SPICE: all day nouvelle ocean view fine dining with sumptuous buffets, “show cooking” stations and a la carte menu, casual atmosphere. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- PELICANOS: delicious a la carte gourmet Caribbean fusion seafood in an oceanfront setting, overlooking white powdery beach and turquoise Caribbean. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- TRADE WINDS POOL & BEACH SNACK BAR: Snacks & light fare while sunbathing. Breakfast & lunch
- 24 HR. PROMPT "ROYAL ROOM SERVICE": discreetly delivered to suite’s "magic box" announced by signal light
- Eight additional restaurant choices included at Gran Porto Real Resort located adjacent to THE Royal: Maria´s; Il Pescatore; Albatros; Gaviotas; Health & Sushi Bar; Parrillada Grill; Trade Winds beach and snack bar; 24 Hr. All-Inclusive Club (Surcharges will apply on certain menu items)
For your convenience, reservations are not required at THE Royal restaurants (except for the Chef’s Plate restaurant)
Dress Code: Long pants required at dinner service. Sandals and T-shirts not allowed.