Avalon Waterways River Cruising
Designed with the only opinion that matters: yours. An entirely new concept in river cruising. We didn't just design our cruises with you in mind. We developed them for you to design.
At every turn, you'll enjoy the luxury of choice — something you'll only find with Avalon ChoiceSM cruising. From deciding what and where you eat. To selecting your room configuration and cruising style. From choosing your on-land discoveries and onboard enrichments, to making online, pre-sail customizations via MyAvalonSM. Every experience and every nuance -- is yours.
Book Avalon Waterways Select Group Vacations Itineraries by September 14 for Early Booking DiscountClick for details
Join us in 2016 on a Select Group Vacation!
- Paris to Normandy's Landing Beaches with Tom Feiza - May 16-24, 2016
One night in Paris and seven night river cruise aboard Avalon Creativity
- Danube Symphony with 620 WTMJ's Gene Mueller - August 19-28, 2016
Five night river cruise aboard Avalon Visionary and three nights in Munich
- Legendary Danube - October 2-13, 2016
Three nights in Prague and seven night river cruise aboard Avalon Artistry II
- Heart of Europe - October 10-22, 2016
Two nights in Paris, seven night river cruise aboard Avalon Luminary and two nights in Prague
Avalon dining has always freed taste buds from the ordinary. And now — it frees you from restrictions. At every meal, you'll have the ability to choose from a multitude of dining experiences. All feature the highest-quality local ingredients, hand crafted by true culinary artisans. And all are included at no extra cost.
- Choose from multiple venues — from the casual Panorama Bistro on our Suite Ships to our open-air Sky Bistro. From our elegant Main Dining Room to continental breakfast delivered to your own room. From a lighter nighttime fare to Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee and sweet treats.
- Choose to dine à la carte — selecting from a variety of options for each course. We always accommodate guests with dietary preferences.
- Choose from our exclusive culinary events — from a five-course welcome dinner, to special chef "tastings".
- Choose to experience the local culture — through delectable regional fare, or select gourmet options prepared for the Western palate.
We've done our due diligence pre-selecting Certified Local Guides who truly are the best in the world. But what you see and the pace in which you see it, is completely up to you. And the best part? Unlike other cruise operators, our preplanned discoveries are included at no extra charge to you. We even provide Nordic walking sticks for active guests looking for an extra spring in their step.
- Excursion Type – Do you prefer a traditional guided tour or an alternative option? Would you enjoy a more in-depth view? Or one geared toward a special interest? With Avalon, the choice is yours.
- Sightseeing Pace – Are you up for exploring a wide variety of sights or do you prefer a more relaxed pace? Would you rather just focus on the essentials? Or see it all on your own? All are available with Avalon.
- Create Your Own – How about working with our Guest Services experts to design a customized sightseeing adventure planned perfectly for you? Avalon makes it easy.
We definitely didn't design our onboard entertainment for the indecisive. Day and night you'll be provided with a plethora of ways to have fun and be enlightened. Take in a performance by local musicians. Play a game in the lounge. Enjoy a behind-the scenes ship tour. Relax on the Sky Deck. Get acquainted with your destinations through Culture & Cruise events. Be pampered in our hair salon. Unwind with a movie. Or try out one of our many new venues for dining or lounging.
With Culture & CruiseSM we're bringing onshore culture – onboard to you. You can choose to take part in special experiences that enrich your trip with local chefs, musicians, artisans and experts.