River Cruise Planning
SPOTLIGHT: Exclusive Guided River Cruises - Select Group Vacations
- Burgundy and Provence with Mark Murphy, Packers President and CEO
- Castles Along the Rhine with Ron Wolf, former Packers General Manager
- Paris and Normandy River Cruise with George Graphos of WBAY
- Eastern Europe Explorer with Rose Gray
- Portugal, Spain and the Douro River Valley with Colleen Alsberg
- Rhine Discovery and Prague
- Heart of Europe
- Danube Symphony with WTMJ's Gene Mueller
- Paris to Normandy's Landing Beaches with Tom Feiza
European River Cruises
Asian River Cruises
Russia River Cruises
Why Choose a River Cruise?
- River ships are able to dock right in the historic center of cities and towns that grew up around the river.
- There is great appeal in being able to walk off the ship and sightsee right away.
- River ships afford an opportunity for a more intimate experience in town, such as people watching at a sidewalk cafe.
- Unlike many ocean cruises, many excursions and guided tours are INCLUDED in the price of your river cruise
- Along with premium dining experiences and local cuisine options, many river cruises include select beverages as well
- There have been many improvements and enhancements to river cruise ships, including larger cabins, French balconies, high-quality amenities and more.
Preferred River Cruise Companies
We have developed important relationships with the following reputable river cruise companies and wouldn't hesitate recommending a river cruise with any of these river cruise suppliers. We have sent thousands of our loyal travelers on river cruises across the world with these preferred river cruise companies:
Please Contact Fox World Travel by calling 888-369-8785 for our most up-to-date specials that you might be eligible for!
River Cruise Consultation
Not all river cruises or river cruise companies are alike, which is why we have sent our river cruise travel specialists on numerous river cruises worldwide to discover river cruise benefits, preferred river cruise excursions on shore, preferred room categories and more. In addition, our group travel team has worked with many of our preferred river cruise companies to block space and lock-in rates and added values for the year.
Why Choose River Cruising?
See the World’s Great Cities
Paris, Vienna, Budapest, St. Petersburg…because so many cities and towns developed along waterways, they were literally made to be accessible by river. Sail directly to the heart of many destinations and walk right off of your river cruise ship into the center of town.
Travel With Ease
After boarding the ship, you'll unpack just once for a relaxing stay in your spacious stateroom. Enjoy comfort for the duration of the cruise. And because the rivers offer smooth sailing, the likelihood of motion sickness lessens.
A More Intimate Experience
Many river cruise ships accommodate less than 300 people, making this a great trip to meet new people and make friends for a lifetime. And there is no waiting in long lines to embark, disembark or have a meal.
New Scenery Throughout Your Entire Journey
Fairytale palaces, towering gorges carved through millennia, tiny villages nestled in the still preserved beauty of the landscape—enjoy breathtaking scenery that’s constantly changing through panoramic windows in the restaurant and lounge and stunning 360° views from the sun deck.
Culture & History
Stroll through an open air architecture museum in the middle of a Russian lake; watch the artists at work in a Meissenware studio; listen to a concert of ancient bronze bells in Wuhan. You are unlikely to reach these places any other way.
Travel Your Way
Join the guided walks and in-depth excursions planned for you in each destination—or sightsee on your own if you prefer. The choice is yours.